The Application Process
- Please download the application form and then fill it out. This form was modified, thus it is important you use the version currently available on the website.
- Fill out the form electronically and save a copy on your computer.
- Gather all documents required, listed on the last page of the form.
- To facilitate your application, please send the filled form in its original pdf format (not scanned) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All other required documents are to be sent separately via email to email@example.com or by mail to Pat Fletcher Scholarship Foundation, 6900 Aut. Transcanadienne, Pointe-Claire, Quebec H9R 1C2.
- Complete applications with all the required documents will weigh more in the scholarship award decision.
What is the Pat Fletcher Foundation Scholarship?
The Pat Fletcher Scholarship Foundation is open to any Canadian student under the age of 25 who is in need of financial assistance for the purpose of pursuing an education at the post-secondary level. Bursaries of up to $2,500 per year are awarded to be put towards tuition, books, room, and board. Each scholarship is for one (1) year only. Renewals are not automatic, and an application must be submitted each year. Recipients are expected to re-apply on a yearly basis outlining their academic and athletic achievements in order to receive continued support from the Foundation. Recipients of awards may be requested to provide a photograph and paragraph detailing what the awards means to them so that we may share with scholarship donors.
How are the Recipients Chosen?
The Foundation is looking to support candidates who demonstrate the following:
- A dedication to their studies with a track record of academic success.
- A well-rounded lifestyle including non-academic interests and community involvement.
- An interest and ability in golf and respect for the traditions of the game.
Candidates will be judged based on the information contained in their applications and support material. It is your responsibility to ensure that the application is complete, and all documentation is received. The Foundation reserves the right to not accept incomplete applications.
Interested candidates should apply during their senior year of high school, outlining colleges and universities for which admission has been applied or accepted. Applications should be received on or before April 30th. Candidates must be 24 years old or younger to be eligible for a scholarship award.